Navigate your Boat by the Sun, Moon, Stars and Planets and Have Fun Doing It!
The famous course from YouTube presented in an easy to navigate manner! With over half a million views, this course is highly regarded in the celestial navigation community. Follow along as you increase your understanding of celestial navigation for maritime navigation from absolute beginner to advanced navigator! This course includes use of sextants, fixes from all celestial bodies, and extra features. And its free!
Christopher D. Nolan is a former US Coast Guard cutterman. Chris has over 14 years of sea time, with 10 years in command. He holds a 1600-ton USCG merchant mariner license upon ocean routes, having served on the following vessels:
- CGC ALEX HALEY (Kodiak, AK) – Deck Watch Officer
- CGC DORADO (Crescent City, CA) – Commanding Officer
- S/V KEALA AKALA (Honolulu, HI) – Master
- CGC EAGLE (New London, CT) – Operations Officer & Navigator
- CGC JEFFERSON ISLAND (Portland, ME) – Commanding Officer
- S/V NAVIGATOR (Caribbean Sea) – Master
- SS/V CORWITH CRAMER (Atlantic/Caribbean Sea) – Master
- SS/V ROBERT C. SEAMANS (Pacific) – Master
- S/V STAR OF INDIA (Pacific) – Master
Chris is an active member of the Celestial Navigation Information Network.
You can view his profile here.
Visit his website: The Practical Navigator