The smallest and lightest in the renowned Freiberger brand, this sextant features a well-balanced, lightweight aluminium frame.
The Identical horizon and index mirrors have been rigorously tested for optical flatness and parallelism, and with the front focusing 2.4 x 25 telescope, the rubber eyepiece doesn’t turn against the rim of the navigator’s eye during adjustment.
Any brightness passing through the sextant’s optical light path is controlled by means of swing in graded filters – 3 for the index, and 2 for the horizon mirrors.
Other features of Freiberger Yacht Sextant include:
- Graduated arc with a radius of 142mm, a scale of degrees -3 to + 123 with intervals of one degree.
- Easily read micrometer drum at 1′ intervals.
- Sextant Dimensions: 24cm x 21cm x 11cm
- Carrying case dimensions: 26.5cm x 24cm x15cm.
- Weight: 0.86kg
- Weight of carrying case (with sextant): 2.8kg
- Available in Black, Ivory or Marine Blue.